I’m heading to Miami for an amazing weekend with 200 other women entrepreneurs! A year ago we all said “yes” to ourselves, our worth and our dreams. The next few days will be filled with reflecting on the past year, and looking forward to what we will be creating in 2015!
The very first assignment we were all given back in January was to list out what we desired for the coming year. I remember getting feedback from the leadership team asking if what I had written was really all I wanted. I was shocked! It was the first time someone actually told me to dream bigger. That it was okay, and I was worth big dreams!
And what came next for me was starting a coaching practice where I get to work with smart, kick-ass women who are ready to embrace their freedom. I also embarked on my amazing journey of moving to Paris for 2 months. Along with other incredible trips, I had a professional photo shoot for my business, worked with my own personal coach, and most importantly, felt a sense of joy and happiness I didn’t know existed.
I believe we all deserve to have big dreams and like they did for me, I know they can happen very quickly. Here’s how:
- Get really clear on what you desire. What lights you up and makes you scream YES! What do you want your life to look like a year from now?
- Create space. De-clutter your physical space and your mind. In order to bring in the new you have to get rid of the old. Take a look at this blog on how to clear your negative thoughts.
- Get a clear visual of what your desire will look like. Actually see your dream or desire in your mind’s eye. Picture it often and use it as a tool to keep your energy high and keep you connected to what you’re working towards.
- Rev up your emotions. What will it feel like? Start to experience the emotions of your desire. This is another tool for keeping your energy high and will help attract in what you’re looking to achieve.
- Make it non-negotiable. Make getting to your desire a daily habit. Stop at nothing. The starting and stopping is what keeps people from being successful. When you really get clarity on your desire nothing will stop you!
- Utilize coaching. We all need help and support in life, and living the life of your dreams and having what you really want are no exception. The starting and stopping I just mentioned is common and often comes from deep belief systems and lack of self-worth. It also comes from thinking we don’t deserve what we desire. These aren’t always conscious blocks, and getting support can be the key to making you aware and moving you out of it.
- Get into gratitude. Start to notice everything you DO already have while on your way to your desires. Start to live “as if” what you are going for is already here. This starts with getting excited about your life as it is today. I know this isn’t always easy but check out this blog for more help.
Even if you start with just one of the things on this list, I promise you’ll feel more connected to yourself and start the journey towards your freedom and joy!