Okay, we’re two weeks into 2015 already! The buzz of the holidays has worn off and let’s face it, many people (not you, of course 🙂 have already lost steam with their intentions for this New Year.
And those of us in a cold climate? We’re hunkered down for the long winter. And the truth is, it’s easy to start to feel down and bored and stuck. I totally get it.
But this year, I say let’s be the ones who find the joy and adventure in the season! Are you with me?
The cool part is you don’t have to fly off to some far land to have an adventure. You can if you want to of course, but you can also explore and create your own quest here and now, right where you are.
So here’s my challenge: I want you to come up with some sort of an adventure to take this week – big or small – and have the time of your life!
Here are some idea’s to get you started:
• Make a snow angel, take a picture and text it to someone you love.
• Think of your favorite food, dessert or drink and go find the most amazing version of it nearby. Make a date with someone to go enjoy!
• Grab all the change you have laying around (quarters, dimes, whatever) and go play games at an arcade. Channel your inner kid.
• Turn off the TV and have a dance party!
• Find an event to go to that is out of your regular routine / scene. Maybe a book reading, a museum expo, an art gallery, or live music at a local coffee shop.
• Get out of your house! Go grab a warm beverage and visit all the stores you’ve driven past a bunch of times but have never been to. Explore!
• Get in the car and go check out another town. Grab lunch at a local bar / pub and talk to the locals. Everyone has a story…find out theirs.
• Grab some cross country skis (you can always rent them) and explore the woods, park or nearby countryside.
Or maybe there’s some other adventure that’s been on your list for a while. Well go out and make it happen this week! Have fun, explore, and break out of the mundane!