Today I want to talk about something that comes up over and over with my clients – self confidence. Many of them tell me that they really wish they had more confidence in themselves and their own abilities. I’ve been there too – wishing I had less doubt and trusted myself more.
The reality is that having self confidence allows us to do what we want to do in the world. It’s a key piece to manifesting our desires. When we’re not confident in ourselves, we can’t move forward. We become stuck and unable to create the lives we really want.
And the thing about self confidence is that it doesn’t happen overnight. There’s no instant change that suddenly makes you feel confidant. You build confidence a lot like you would build muscle at the gym. It’s a practice. You start with one small weight, and then build incrementally from there. Likewise with self confidence, you start with one very small action, and then slowly take on larger ones.
One of the big lessons I’ve learned is that self confident people live life from a place of love rather than fear. And in today’s exercise below, we’ll dig into that a bit deeper…
As I’ve said, one way to start to embody self-worth and confidence is to frame your decisions based on love instead of fear. It’s all about choosing to be guided by love, rather than being held in the grip of fear and allowing it to hold you back.
Check in with yourself by working through these questions and acknowledging where fear may be holding you back:
- Do you do what’s truly in your heart?
- Do you take action even if you might get hurt, because it’s from your heart?
- Do you give out of abundance without expecting anything in return, because you’re already full?
- Do you do what you think is “right” by other people’s standards? By what you think others will think is appropriate or cool?
- Do you hold back how you feel because you’re afraid of being rejected?
- Do you allow past failures to keep you from creating what you want in your life?
Now over to you: how does self confidence affect you? Do you have any tips for building confidence? I’d love to hear. Please share in the comments below!